30-Hour Famine Info!!!
We begin the famine at midnight on Friday! Here is some important information regarding the weekend, including my recommendations of things to bring. Any parents that are willing to help out at anytime are welcome. Just let me know.
· We have a youth softball game at 8PM at Zion Baptist Church. All players and coaches will need to be there at 7PM. Following the game, we will return to Eastside.
· Famine participants will leave at 10PM to go eat at IHOP. ***Please bring money for this meal and the early Sunday breakfast meal.***
· When we return to the church, I will ask everyone to handover all cell phones, tablet devices, other technologies, and any watches. I will have my phone with me at all times in case of emergency. If any parent needs to contact their child, please call me at 704.477.5573.
· At midnight, we will begin the famine.
· We have another youth softball at 12PM at Zion Baptist Church. We will leave at 10:30AM. Any players not involved in the famine will need to be at Zion at 11AM. We will return to Eastside after the game.
· The rest of the day will consist of worship, fellowship, spiritual formation activities, and the construction of our "Box City." We will sleep outside in/around the boxes.
· We will break our fast after 6AM will a meal at Shelby Cafe.
· We should be back at Eastside between 7:30-8AM.
· I will return all phones, etc., at this time.
· The Sunday morning schedule begins at 9:30 as usual.
Please bring the following:
· Your Bible
· A spirit of adventure
· Sleeping bag and/or blanket
· Reusable water bottle
· Toiletries (Deodorant!!!)
· A couple changes of comfy clothes (something to warm to wear outside at night and something cool to wear during the day when we're outside)
· Comfortable shoes
· Something to wear to Worship on Sunday
We will be going to Caswell during the week of July 21-26.
For more information on these or other youth activities, please contact Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call/text at 704.477.5773.